Friday, September 12, 2008

Movies for the week ending September 12

I'll have to include some movies I've watched in the past couple of months as my movie-watching habits have died down quite a bit recently. There hasn't been anything really jumping out at the theatre for me, and without the movie channels to watch anymore, times are tough. I've been watching The Wire a lot over the past month, which really takes away from movie time. And with the new TV season starting, expect even fewer current movie reviews. I'll try to write about older stuff as it jumps to mind.

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS - Honestly, I'm not even sure what to think of this movie. Did you enjoy Superbad and Knocked Up? This movie was entertaining but not up to those other movies' "level." There were plenty of laugh out loud moments that got the crowd in the small theatre going, and even had myself going. There was an odd amount of gore in this movie, although not entirely out of place like The Happening, it did seem a bit odd. Franco is great, and Seth is, well, Seth. I wasn't super excited for this movie and got what I wanted out of it. 6/10

1 comment:

Cale Morsen said...

I'm really on a James Fanco kick right now. "Annapolis" was on TV the other day and I just had to watch Franco brood with the best of them. A totally underrated actor.