Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Fall of Tiny Tower

As you may recall, I was hardcore into Tiny Tower. One of the aspects of the game is shutting your bitizens up the tower to their requested floor; the more floors you have the longer this could take, as the elevator only moves so fast. So, you can upgrade your elevator by using tower bux. You can spend real money to buy bux, or you can earn them throughout the game: by delivering people and getting tips, fully stocking floors and fulfilling people's dream jobs.

I upgraded my elevators to a point where the next was the infini-lift, which was crazy fast, but also crazy expensive at 499 tower bux. It would take a long time to accumulate that many, but it was a goal I wanted to head towards.

Over the weeks I would take many opportunities to "play" the game. When I'm visiting my parents, when I'm watching television or movies, etc. Two weekends ago I hit 400. And I decided to go for it. I started around nine with a movie, and continued playing continuously until I hit 499, then I bought the elevator. By this time it was nearly one in the morning, and I was exhausted. The elevator was just as fast as promised, and suprisingly controllable.

The next day I had no urge to play the game: you see, there are no faster elevators. I have no urge to save up and accumulate tower bux, as the only thing I can really do with them is move floors around and buyout product to make quick cash. I don't want to find people anymore, as it's time consuming and a waste of time now. So my playing of the game has slowed considerably, and I just think to myself how thankful I am that I didn't invest any real money in the title - although it wouldn't be such a terrible thing as I spent so much time in the game.

Also of note is that I discovered there is a limit to your tower: around 130 floors. I guess they can add more floors with updates - more businesses. Will I reach it? There is no doubt, over time that I will, but my gusto to do this has fallen considerably. With no clear goal, and the time required to build floors, it's just not happening. It was fun while it lasted!

No comments: